RULES OF THE RUTH OSTERBY LECTURE OF THE EDNSG NEPHROPATHY STUDY GROUP OF THE EASD
Doctor Ruth Osterby was one of the founder members of the Nephropathy Study Group and an active contributor to the meetings for many years until her retirement.
This lecture has been initiated to recognise her many contributions to the group over the years.
1) The lecture is open to any researcher in the field of diabetic nephropathy or a related topic
and shall be awarded every second year at the AGM of the Nephropathy Study Group
alternating with the Rising Star award.
2) The lecture shall comprise of 35 minute presentation (plus 10 minutes discussion)
on any topic of relevance to diabetic nephropathy research and delivered in the body
of the meeting at a time determined by the organising committee.
3) Nominations will be requested at the time of notification
of abstract submission for the subsequent AGM.
Nominations are invited by the abstract deadline to be sent
to the secretary at the following e-mail address: email@example.com
4) Nominations will compromise a CV of no more than 4 sheets
of A4 paper outlining the research achievements of the nominee.
The CV will be accompanied by a signed letter of agreement for the nomination from the nominee.
All nominations are to be received no later than the abstract deadline.
5) The secretary will circulate nominations to the study group committee
at the same time as the submitted abstracts.
Members of the committee will then rank the nominations and return their scores
to the secretary for the next year lecture.
6) The final decision will be made by the Study Group Executive
at the time of the organisational meeting before the AGM.
7) The successful nominee will be announced at the time of the AGM
by the President of the Study Group.
8) The lecture will attract an honorarium of 3000 Euros,
at the charge of the local organiser.
Ruth Osterby lecture Awardees
2021, Rising Star Award
2020, no meeting
2019, Paris. Per-Henrik Groop
2018, Groningen. Richard Gilbert
2017, Helsinki. Luigi Gnudi
2016, Pisa. Carol Forsblom
2015, Copenhagen. Robert Nelson
2014, London. Giuseppe Pugliese
2013, Castelldefels. Peter Rossing
2012, Dublin. Sally Marshall
2011, Ljubliana. Paola Fioretto
2010, Poitiers. Allan Flyvbjerg
2009, Rome. Rudy Bilous
2008, Hannover. Mark Cooper
2007, Edinburgh. Hans-Henrik Parving
2006, Helsinki. Michel Marre
2005, Arnhem. Michael Mauer
2004, Bergamo. Giancarlo Viberti
2003, Helsingor. Carl-Erik Mogensen