Constitution for the European Diabetic Nephropathy Study Group – EDNSG
1. The Study Group is called the European Diabetic Nephropathy Study Group, hereinafter referred to as the EDNSG.
2. The EDNSG shall be a Study Group of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes, hereinafter referred to as the EASD.
3. The aim of the Study Group is to further research and education in diabetic nephropathy.
4. Membership of the EDNSG shall be open to all members of the EASD and such other persons as the committee of the EDNSG consider eligible. Eligibility is established by presenting an abstract at the Annual General Meeting. Membership will laps if the member miss three consecutive meetings. The president of the EDNSG Executive Committee should be a valid member of EASD.
5. With the exception of members who are not members of the EASD, all members may be nominated for any office of the EDNSG.
6. The membership fee (if any) of the EDNSG shall be an amount as determined by its Annual Meeting.
7. An Annual General Meeting is held in conjunction with a two day scientific EDNSG conference. EDNSG members and observers are welcomed.
8. Administration of the EDNSG shall be in the hands of the EDNSG Committee, this Committee should consist of a President, a Vice-president, a Treasurer and a Secretary and five ordinary members. Nominations are invited from the membership prior to the Annual General Meeting. The EDNSG officers are elected at the Annual General Meeting – duration of tenure of officers is three years.
9. An Annual Report of the Study Group activities shall be compiled and sent to the Executive committee of EASD. This report will contain minutes of the Annual General Meeting, membership status, financial overview and plans for forthcoming meetings and future activities.
10. The finances of the Study Group shall be managed at the discretion of the Committee in pursuit of the aims of the Study Group (§3 above). Proper books of account shall be kept by the EDNSG Treasurer.
11. Should the Study Group wish to engage in publication involving guidelines or statements, the EASD Panel for Overseeing Guidelines and Statements must be contacted beforehand.
12 The group may cease to be the EDNSG Study Group of the EASD either by a decision at the Annual Meeting of the EDNSG, or by a decision of the Executive Committee of the EASD.
13. In the event of the Group being dissolved, all surpluses, debts and liabilities shall be discharged to a charitable diabetes account after agreement from the EASD executive.
May 2013 / Lise Tarnow, Secretary