Rising Star Awards
1)The Rising Star lecture will be delivered by a talented scientist in the field of diabetic kidney disease, being less than 40 years of age and given at the AGM of the Nephropathy Study Group, every second year alternationg with the Ruth Osterby award.
2) The lecture shall comprise of 35 minute presentation (plus 10 minutes discussion) on any topic of relevance to diabetic nephropathy research and delivered in the body of the meeting at a time determined by the organising committee.
3) Nominations will be requested at the time of notification of abstract submission for the subsequent AGM. Nominations are invited by the abstract deadline to be sent to the secretary at the following e-mail address:firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Nominations will compromise a CV of no more than 4 sheets of A4 paper outlining the research achievements of the nominee. The CV will be accompanied by a signed letter of agreement for the nomination from the nominee. All nominations are to be received no later than the abstract deadline.
5) The secretary will circulate nominations to the study group committee at the same time as the submitted abstracts. Members of the committee will then rank the nominations and return their scores to the secretary for the next year lecture.
6) The final decision will be made by the Study Group Executive at the time of the organisational meeting before the AGM.
7) The successful nominee will be announced at the time of the AGM by the President of the Study Group.
8) The lecture will attract an honorarium of 3000 Euros, at the charge of the local organiser.
Rising Star Awardees
2021, Glasgow (virtual). Hiddo Lambers Heerspink